FRIDAY - January 27, 2023
1. Sophomore and junior students interested in attending Moberly Area Technical Center (MATC vo-tech) next year (2023-24) must sign up by Wednesday. A sign up sheet is located in the high school office. Students must enter their top three program choices on the sign up sheet. Even if you are unsure, it is better to sign up now, so you can go through the eligibility process. You can then let Mrs. Derboven know later if you have decided you would rather not attend MATC next year.
2. Sophomores/Juniors can also sign up in the high school office for a MATC Shadow Day. Students must be academically eligible to attend MATC Shadow Day. The deadline to sign up is TOMORROW. Shadow Day will be held February 7th at MATC.
3. Attention Junior Boys: See Mrs. Derboven if you are interested in attending MO Boys State this summer.
4. High School Quiz Bowl practice TODAY 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. in Mrs. Westhues' room.
1. Slater Tournament. Girls vs. Pilot Grove at 1:00. Boys vs. Slater at 5:30.
1. Quiz Bowl here against Slater at 3:30.
2. Boys basketball practice 3:05 - 4:35. Girls 4:35 - 6:05.
3. Chess Club will meet after school in Mrs. Haskamp's room until 4:00.
1. FFA Officer meeting at 7:20 a.m.
2. Sophomores may order rings from Jostens in the commons at 11:30.
3. Any student may also order a letterjacket from Jostens in the commons at 11:30.
4. Girls basketball practice 3:05 - 4:35. Boys 4:35 - 6:05.
5. Tutoring (grades 9 - 12) with Ms. Johnson after school until 3:45.
1. FFA Proficiencies are due.
2. Jr. High/High School Quiz Bowl practice 3:00 - 4:30 in Mrs. Wellborn's room.
1. Groundhog Day.
2. JV/Varsity basketball games in Salisbury at 5:00.
Friday, February 3
1. High school Quiz Bowl practice 7:00 - 7:30 in Mrs. Westhues' room.
2. Varsity basketball games against Keytesville at 12:00.
1. Juniors and Seniors with a 3.5 cumulative GPA are eligible to complete documentation for consideration into National Honor Society. Documentation packets can be picked up from the high school office. Completed packets must be submitted to Mrs. Derboven by 3:00 pm on February 17th.
2. Juniors: See Mrs. Derboven regarding the Howard Electric Washington DC and a possible $1,000 scholarship. Deadline is February 24th.